There's something about natural stone that just oozes class and sophistication. Maybe it's the fact that it's been used for centuries in some of the most iconic buildings in the world, or maybe it's just the fact that it looks so darn good.
Whatever the reason, if you're lucky enough to have natural stone in your home, you'll want to make sure it always looks its best. And that's where this guide comes in.
In this guide, we'll show you how to polish natural stone so that it retains its shine and luster for years to come.
Before we get started, there are a few things you'll need to have on hand:
- A clean, dry cloth
- A bucket of warm water
- A mild detergent
- A soft brush
- A polishing agent (we recommend marble polishing powder)
Now that you have everything you need, let's get started.
1. Start by giving your stone a good once-over with a clean, dry cloth. This will remove any dirt or debris that could potentially damage your stone during the polishing process.
2. Next, mix together a bucket of warm water and a mild detergent. Use the soft brush to scrub the stone vigorously, paying special attention to any stains or areas that seem to be losing their luster.
3. Once you've given the stone a good cleaning, it's time to start polishing. Sprinkle a generous amount of polishing agent onto the surface of the stone and use the cloth to work it in circular motions.
4. Continue polishing until you're satisfied with the results. Remember, natural stone is porous, so it's important not to overdo it.
5. Finally, give the stone a quick rinse with warm water and dry it off with a clean cloth.
And that's all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can keep your natural stone looking like new for years to come.