A white marble benchtop can add a luxurious and sophisticated touch to any kitchen. But with so many different types of marble to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you? And once you've decided on the perfect marble benchtop, how do you keep it looking its best?
Here's a guide to choosing and maintaining a white marble benchtop:
There are several things to consider when choosing a white marble benchtop, including:
- The type of marble: There are many types of marble, including Carrara, Calacatta and Statuario. Each type has its own unique veining and coloring.
- The finish: Marble benchtops can be finished in a glossy or matte finish. A glossy finish will make the benchtop more resistant to stains, while a matte finish will give it a more natural look.
- The thickness: Marble benchtops are available in a range of thicknesses, from 20mm to 30mm. The thicker the benchtop, the more durable it will be.
- The price: Marble benchtops can be expensive, so it's important to compare prices before making a purchase.
Once you've chosen the perfect white marble benchtop, it's important to take care of it to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips for maintaining a white marble benchtop:
- Clean up spills immediately: Marble is a porous material, so it's important to clean up spills as soon as they happen. Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to wipe up spills.
- Avoid harsh cleaning products: Harsh cleaning products can damage the surface of a marble benchtop. Stick to mild detergents and avoid abrasive scrubbers.
- Use a cutting board: Cutting directly on a marble benchtop can damage the surface. Use a cutting board to protect the benchtop.
- Seal the benchtop: Sealing a marble benchtop will help to protect it from stains and spills. Sealing should be done every six months to one year.
A white marble benchtop can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to any kitchen. But before you choose a benchtop, there are several things to consider, including the type of marble, the finish and the thickness. Once you've chosen the perfect benchtop, take care of it by cleaning up spills immediately and avoiding harsh cleaning products.